Twice Tempted

Twice Tempted (Holland Springs, #1) - Marquita Valentine

Since I was undecided on what to read next, I've adopted a fellow BookLikes users method of using a random number generator. It picked #73, which was this one.

Let's hope I can remember enough about book #0.5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DNF @ 56%

Well... Admittedly it's been a year or two since I read the 0.5 book, Seduction of the Billionaire, and I remember liking it. I thought this would run along the same sort of lines but she hadn't mentioned that night they spent together and I was over half way.

I don't remember Zoe being so clumsy either. If something could be bumped into/spilt/dropped then Zoe did. It got a little annoying after a while, though the phone out of sun-roof, squashed by semi-truck did make me laugh.

The style of this didn't really work for me, I found it rather hard to get into and gel with. I also didn't understand Zoe's determination to avoid the film star. Was it that she didn't want him to remember that night together or was she not wanting to tempt fate and risk heart-break?

I just think my tastes have changed a bit and some of my older books on my list will end up the same way as this since they're from late 2012.