Balanced on the Blade's Edge - Lindsay Buroker

I am a huge fan of the author and have read all of the books in her Emperor’s Edge series and all in her Flash Gold Chronicles to date. I will read anything she write so when I saw her blog post about this book I was instantly thinking, “I need this now!”

Lindsay is a genius at blending action, steampunk and romance into her books and they are easy to read and very addictive. (I read the last four books in The Emperor’s Edge series back to back so I could find out how it all ended.)

This is set in a prison and centres around it’s new head, Ridge Zirkander, after he caused some political problems back in the city with his attitude. To me, he sounds like a laugh. The female lead, Sardelle, has just awoken after 300 years and finds herself within the prison walls. There is a sort of instant attraction between them which Ridge tries to ignore as he doesn’t believe it a good thing to get involved with inmates.

If you’re a fan of the author, this isn’t to be missed. If you’ve never read anything by her the first books in her Emperor’s Edge and Flash Gold Chronicles are free on Amazon.