Delirium

Delirium  - Lauren Oliver

It took me a while to get into this. If I'm honest, it was the introduction of Alex at around 50/60 pages in that had me getting excited. He was just different to everyone else, he teased Lena and acted like he hadn't been through the "cure".

Going off topic for a minute. Love as a disease and there being a cure for it? I was intrigued and put off by the idea at the same time.

However, seeing Lena being introduced to all these new things was sweet and Alex was probably the best guy for the job.

As for Lena, she annoyed me a little at the start, being so against anything that was new. At that point I liked her best friend Hana more, but seeing how bad it was for people who were different to what was expected, I got her reluctance and felt sorry for everyone living under the controlled conditions.

The ending has left me a little torn over whether to read Pandemonium next or not. I would really like to know what the heck's going to happen but at the same time, I'm not really in a rush to do so. Hmmm...what to do?