The Sound - Sarah Alderson

4.5 stars.

I happened to really like this, so I am very glad I bought it in paperback when I had the chance. It was just what I was in the mood for so I'm happy right now.

It started a little shaky but I found myself so engrossed in the story that I devoured it fairly quickly for a physical book.

I loved the setting: Nantucket Island. It sounds quite lovely. And having a bonfire on the beach sounds cool too. Can't say we do that often over here in the UK (not that I know of anyway)

I grew to really like Jesse. He was so protective of his friends and family.

Some of the other characters were fairly annoying, but I don't focus on that I focus on the romance between characters not the book as a whole, so it didn't really bother me.

To say it involved a bit of a love triangle I have to say it was fairly obvious who Ren was more interested in when she was seen to spend more time with Jesse than Jeremy, who just seemed a bit too perfect to be real.

I had my suspicions about who was behind the nanny murders and I was partly correct but I'm not going to go into detail. The only thing that bothered me was the ending. It just seemed to happen/end a little too abruptly for my liking but I still really liked it :D